10 Manifestation Tips to Get What You Want
Whatever it is you want (a trip to Australia, $100k in the bank, 5 completed work outs a week), these tips will help you attract what you want into you life with more ease and success. Before you start taking action, be sure to utilize these manifestation secrets of the pros.
- Know what you want – This may seem like common sense, but it’s one of the most common reasons your wishes and dreams don’t become a reality. You have to get clear on what your true desires are. Can you describe them with detail and clarity? If not, take some time to think about it before you start saying broad statements like “I want more fun in my life.” Get specific. Name it and claim it as your intention.
- Know why you want it – When you know the driving force behind a goal, it gives you the motivation to commit to it. What value or aspect of yourself gets to be honored or expressed by this going after this goal? Keep focused on that by continually reminding yourself why it is so important to you. (And if it’s not – ditch it!)
- Put it out there – Another huge pitfall: we decide we want something, but we don’t say it out loud. Have you ever loved someone but struggled to actually say it to them? Yeah, it’s kind of like that. Proclaiming your goal may be scary, because it makes it real. There’s an incredible sense of power that comes from standing up and declaring what you want. It’s been proven that if you write or state your goals, you are more likely to achieve them.
- Energize your dreams – Once you proclaim your intention, focus your attention on it. The more energy you put behind it, the more likely it is to happen. What do you need to do to give this goal the attention and energy it deserves and needs to come to fruition? Think about your goal while you brush your teeth. Every night before bed write it down again. Do whatever it takes to keep your goal energized.
- Believe (that it is possible and already happening) – Doubt is a surefire way to block yourself from getting what you want. How can you release your fear and doubt that it won’t happen? Trust that the process is already in motion. And if your struggling with it at first, fake it until you make it. Simply saying, “I believe __(your goal)__ is possible and probable for me.” Confidence fuels your goals with more power.
- Enroll others – Whenever you can, share your goals and dreams with other people. Have you ever had someone ask you to pray for them or send them good energy? Whether you believe it or not, it works. Collective focus around something helps to transform it. Find a couple “manifesting buddies”, that will help you in your pursuit. Offer to do the same for them when appropriate. Plus, those people can help connect you to the people and resource you might need to achieve what you’re after.
- Be open – Sometimes when we get what we want, we forget that it might change things. So remain open to the possibility that you might have to shift some things around to make space for this desire to enter your life right now. Friendships could change. Perhaps you need to re-evaluate how you’re spending your time? You might have to give up something else so there’s room in your in you life for your goal.
- Release expectations – A lot of disappointment comes up when we don’t get things exactly as we imagined them. The thing is, sometimes we don’t actually know what’s best for ourselves. What if the version or variation you received is exactly what you need? Accept that you will be given exactly what you need, even if it’s not what you expected. Your timeline for when you want things might also have to shift a bit. When something is meant to happen, it will. But until you are truly ready for it, practice patience. Embrace the element of surprise!
- Trust – One of my favorite mantras is: “This or something better will come along.” Don’t buy into the idea that if you don’t get what you want you’ll have to settle for something lesser. Not always true. Something better is often right around the corner. Stay positive, and don’t compromise right away. You deserve the best.
- Reflect, celebrate, and express gratitude - Whenever you do get what you want, its important to take some time to enjoy that sweet success, before you go onto manifesting the next thing. Sit with the feeling of achieving, and celebrate your ability to create the life you want. Show gratitude for the blessings that come your way.
The process of manifesting is a practice. Its takes time to develop your own clear and efficient processes for getting what you want. Enjoy exploring these tips and taking them on as your own as you turn your desires into realities.