5 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Give Up on a Friendship
Someone once told me that if you have enough close friends to at least count on one hand, you are better off than most people. These are the friends who will stick by you through the roller coaster of life whether it’s job loss, pursuing your passion even when you’re broke, and breakups when you thought they were the One. If you’re like many Career Girls, friends have come in and out of your life especially when you reach milestones such as getting married, getting promoted, or having children.
Before you give up on a friendship that you think fizzled put because you’re at different points in life,
Ask yourself these 5 questions:
- What value does this friend add to my life?
- What has this friendship taught me about myself?
- How has this friendship helped me grow and explore a certain aspect of my life purpose?
- What will I miss out on if I don’t make an effort to continue this friendship?
- How can I express gratitude for this person who came into my life?
Whether you choose to make an effort to continue the friendship or not, know that it’s not a coincidence that this person entered your life.