5 Signs That It’s Time to Set Boundaries With Technology
If you’re like many Career Girls, feeling connected is extremely important to you. But, the connection often comes with a price if you’re always accessible. Whether it’s work email, personal email, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, or LinkedIn, it’s becoming increasing common to be bombarded with information. If the pressure to constantly keep up is leaving you feeling stressed and unhappy, it may be time to re-evaluate its presence in your life.
Here are 5 Signs that it’s Time to Set Boundaries with Technology
- You spend more of your spare time looking at your computer or cell phone screen than an actual human face
- You have started to view social media as just one more thing on your to-do list instead of an enjoyable way to stay connected
- You feel naked and start to panic if you leave the house without your cell phone
- You feel crappy about your life after seeing your friends Facebook posts
- Texting throughout the day has become a huge distraction and has started to affect your productivity at work and safety on the road
If you resonate with these signs, you’re not alone! We’ve become a society that has become dependent on technology. The good news is that as a Career Girl, you have a choice as to your level of connection to technology in your personal life. You can choose to set boundaries! For example, you may choose not to bring your cell phone into the bedroom, during your “Me” time, or out with friends. It’s your life and you can choose to live it on the terms that work best for you!
What technology boundaries would enhance the quality of your life?