CGN Style: 5 Summer Essentials
The search for your summer wardrobe just got easier. In addition to swimsuits and cover-ups, there are other essential items needed to complete your summer looks. Here are 5 essential summer items and why you need them.
1) Sunglasses. Don’t think about walking around this summer without a chic pair of sunglasses. Not only will they complete your summer time look but they’ll keep you from squinting, which can’t be good for your eyes. Throw on a unique pair and smile your way through town with a confident strut.
2) Sandals. I can’t imagine going without a chic pair of sandals in the summer. They can instantly transform any look and a classic pair can be dressed up or dressed down for almost any summertime event.
3) Necklace. The summer can call for spontaneous brunches and festivals with friends. Grab a luxe necklace and a classic strapless dress and you’ll exude summertime glamour.
4) Nail Polish. Please, please don’t forget the importance of a good manicure & pedicure in the summer. No room in the budget for a no chip salon treatment? No problem, a DIY home job is great also. Turn up the heat in a bold summer color. A great nail color can make any casual-chic look pop.
5) Skirt. Choose a high-waisted or midi-skirt to stand out from the sea of summertime dresses. If you’re feeling bold, add a crop top, if you’re looking for a more casual look add a cotton t shirt or tank to complete the look. Wear a bold print for the perfect eclectic look.
No need to go shopping for these items, pull them out of your closet now and put them in a neat and organized area of your closet so you can easily access them when styling your summer looks.
If you’re looking to purchase some new items, check out my shop-able lookbooks here.