7 Tips to Make Your Life Easier
Do you ever wish there was a big fat EASY button you could press to simplify life? Wouldn’t that be nice! Well, these 7 tips to make your life easier are the next best thing. Implement them and enjoy the results.
- Channel your inner problem solver. When things start to overwhelm you ask yourself, “How could I make this easier right now?” Sometimes the answer is right in front of our face, but we forget to ask the right question.
- Fuel yourself. We forget that life is a give and take. Einstein remind us, “Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another.” If you get stuck in pure output mode, life can often seem harder than it is. Input goes beyond just the food you are putting into your body, although that is an important part of it. Avoid that dragging feeling when your energy tank in on empty. Be sure to fuel your mind with energizing thoughts, surround yourself around loving and uplifting people, and place yourself in inspiring and peaceful environments.
- Keep focused. We spend a lot of time and energy switching from one mode to another. It’s tough having to go from work mode, to wife mode, back to work mode, to friend mode, etc. Set up your days in a way that allows you to fully concentrate on the task at hand for as long as you can. If possible complete or finish what you are doing before moving on to something else. Todd Henry, author of The Accidental Creative, explains that we lose about 10 minutes every time we switch gears. So save yourself time and energy by giving yourself the freedom to focus on the one thing in front of you before moving onto the next.
- Stay present. It is easy to get wrapped up in thinking about the future, and how things are going to work out. This future-tripping often makes things much more complicated than they need to be, because we project fears and doubts onto our plans. Instead keep yourself in the moment. Close your eyes and take a few deep breathes. Focus on what is happening right here, right now. Trust that the future will work itself out.
- Ask for help. It’s almost funny that we forget we have friends, family, partners, and professionals all willing, and usually wanting to help us out when needed. You’re not in this alone, so stop pretending that you need to do it all by yourself. If you’re struggling think about who you could enroll in helping you. Be open to help coming to you from areas you might not even expect. Be clear and gracious when asking for what you need, and always accept support and love when they are offered.
- Get back to simplicity. We have a tendency to complicate things by placing our own interpretations and assumption on any given situation. What often started off as easy very quickly becomes much more challenging when we project what we think is going on. Try stepping back from your vantage point, out of any intense emotion, and look at the facts. The truth is often much simpler than we think.
- Revisit your values. When you think about what matters most in life, it is things like feeling love and belonging, enjoying success and accomplishment, and savoring moments of joy and peace. When you redirect your attention to what you really want, the other things just drop away. Let the little things fade as you stay true to who you are and what you value most.