A Kick in the Pants from the Universe
A very wise friend of mine recently told me, “You’re right where you’re supposed to be,” and I had an argument with him about it. The rational, question-asker, seeking answers with show-me-proof part of me called a bullshit flag (pardon my French). “How do you know that?” I asked. He gave me lovely reasons about why that must be true, all of which I refuted as it just being a saying that people buy into to feel better about themselves.
He stopped arguing with me, smiled and said, “You don’t have to believe me. However, you are right where you are which you know is true and so you may as well making something of it.” Fine. I can live with that. Make the most of the present moment you’re in, enjoy it, nurture it, and maximize it. I’m totally down for buying into that.
Little did I know, the universe had something else in mind for me. Watch how my week unfolded in messages.
- Monday: I’m facilitating a group where we do a meditation every morning. The meditation’s title was: “You’re right where you’re supposed to be.” This meditation was followed by a 20-minute conversation in which all of my group members totally talked about how powerful that was for them.
- Tuesday: I go to spin class where my favorite instructor always has a reading and spouts wise motivational yogi words and the message was: You’re right where you’re supposed to be. This moment is for you. (Are you serious?)
- Wednesday: A conversation with one of my favorite mentors where he said, “You’re right where you’re supposed to be in this process. Your understanding of this will develop as you do.” (Whaaaattttt????!!!)
- Thursday: I’m facilitating another group with morning meditation. Different book, different day. Title of the book: “You’re in the right place, at the right time.” (Yeah right!)
- Friday: I’m in yoga and as we’re holding a pose the teacher says, “Your body is right where it’s supposed to be. Lean into this stretch and breath to stay in the moment.” (No kidding!)
- Saturday: A blogger on Facebook posted a picture that said, “Contrary to popular belief, you’re always in the right place at the right time.”
Well universe, I got the memo. This week I will appreciate being right where I’m supposed to be, I promise!!!
What messages is the universe kicking towards you? Has this ever happened to you?