Are You Reading the Wrong Books, Career Girls?
Recently, Amazon.com released its list of bestselling books in 2012, and while some of the books on it are stellar, while reading this list, one thing was clear to me: Career Girls, you’re reading the wrong books!
Anyone who knows me knows that I generally don’t read fiction. I’m a business book girl all the way. But even if you love, love, love fiction, it’s a bit disturbing to me that only one book on the Amazon.com list is nonfiction, and that book is (I’m sorry to stereotype it) inherently written for the male eye. No matter how politically or historically interested, most women aren’t clamoring to read about the death of Osama Bin Ladin.
So if these are the wrong books, which are the right ones? Try a few of these nonfiction books picked perfectly for Career Girls everywhere to end 2012!
- Finding Right Work: Five Steps to a Life You Love
- The Big Enough Companies: How Women Can Build Great Businesses and Happier Lives
- Rock Your Moxie: 5 Beliefs of Winning Women
- Hello, Gorgeous: Becoming Barbara Streisand
- The Richest Woman in America: Hetty Green in the Gilded Age