It’s the beginning of November, and here in the city of Chicago, Christmas has officially come. Macy’s on State Street lit its tree, Target has Christmas displays everywhere, and you can almost hear the sound of the Salvation Army bell ringers. It’s truly beginning to look a lot like Christmas! And hopefully you’re thinking about your Christmas shopping early enough so you’re not scrambling to find something the week before!
To help you get a jumpstart, we’re giving you some ideas for stores to shop in that you might not know about. Get out of the norm, and your family and friends will love your unique gifts.
- Minnesota-based company Creative Kidstuff has some of the most awesome toys, art supplies, and more that any kid will love. You can shop by age and some other really fun categories to get exactly what kids want.
- I See Me Personalized Children’s Books. What could be cooler for a kid who loves books than a personalized book with their name? This is a long-term keepsake!
- Chooze Shoes makes me so happy! I found them with my niece earlier this year at my favorite shoe store in my hometown. The founder of Chooze designs amazing shoes for kids and women that are not necessarily matching. They’re adorable and my niece lives in them. Grab a pair for one of the kids in your life, and you’ll also feel great knowing that Chooze donates some of their profits to anti-poverty programs.
For Girlfriends and Coworkers
- I’m a new devotee to Stella & Dot. Their jewelry is really good quality and reasonably priced. They have a HUGE section of under $50 gift selections that are great for your girlfriends or coworkers. Everyone loves a great looking “friendship” bracelet.
- Check out Rewined candles. They’re candles made of wine bottles in the scents of your favorite wines. I have Pinot Noir on my kitchen island and it smells amazing. I want to pass these out like candy this Christmas.
For Mom and Dad/Grandma and Grandpa
- RedEnvelope.com is my favorite place to shop for parents and other couples. There are amazing items from jewelry to grilling accessories. But my favorite things they have are the family name pieces. Everything from Christmas stockings to wine barrel wall hangings with your family’s name. Check them out!
- Call me crazy, but one of my favorite places to shop is QVC! Everything from candles to Spanx to makeup and Philosophy products, you’ll find it on QVC and it all comes in one box. Amazing. Don’t count them out because they’re a TV shopping channel. They rock.
For Your Spouse
- The amazing Zagat food and wine ratings company has an awesome wine club, Zagat Wines. I know my spouse would appreciate 15 bottles of wine every three months for a year! Wouldn’t yours?
- Head on over to Gilt.com’s area for men, Park and Bond, and find some of the best watches, shoes, sweaters, and more for men. Most women never venture into this part of Gilt’s site. But it’s worth it!