Fall Fashion Favorites
Fall is without a doubt the best time of the year. I mean, when else can you sit outside in your cozy scarf and sweater while watching the leaves fall and sipping on a delicious pumpkin spice latte? It is simply the best season around. With this fabulous season also comes a new list of must-have fashion and beauty items. Check out this list of my seven head to toe essentials and you’re sure to be the talk of the season.
1. The transition from the summer sun to the chilly fall temperatures can be rough on your skin. This is why it’s imperative that you make a fabulous moisturizer your new best friend. My current favorite is Burt’s Bees Intense Hydration Day Lotion. I can assure you that it is a miracle worker for dry skin. If you skin tends to be a bit on the oily side, I would recommend Cetaphil DermaControl Moisturizer SPF 30. These facial lotions work extremely well and are also inexpensive!
2. A fall outfit just isn’t complete without the perfect lip hue and this season burgundy lips are all the rage. Darker lips give your outfit a fashion forward and mysterious kind of feel. Plus you can always swap out your smoky eye for a dark lip and you’ll have the perfect evening look. My favorite so far is the Tom Ford Lip Color in Bruised Plum.
3. Scarves are the best accessory out there. They are perfect for completing a simple outfit and helping to add a bit of personality to it. You can never have too many scarves because you can rock them with nearly every outfit. I personally think that this comfy homemade cable knit scarf, which I found on Pinterest is to die for!
4. Fall is the perfect time to showcase your favorite sweater dress. I love that they come in all different styles and designs. This ‘Nikay’ Knit Sweater Dress from Theory is a great investment piece for your fall wardrobe. It can be worn so many different ways and is extremely figure flattering.
5. With each new season comes new nail polish colors and the perfect excuse to get a manicure. I am obsessed with the Germany Collection for OPI. Every Month is Oktoberfest is the perfect shade for the fall season. Added bonus- the name is super adorable and you’ll love saying it to all of your friends.
6. Are you looking for a way to transition some of your favorite dresses into the fall season? Then tights are an absolute must. I would much rather wear dresses and skirts and tights make this an option during the cooler temperatures. Spanx Original Shaping Tights are the best thing ever! They come in a lot of fun colors, like Ripe Olive and Currant and have the added bonus of slimming you down. Talk about a win win!
7. A fall outfit just isn’t complete without the perfect pair of booties. These Black Suede Mikusova Booties from Aldo are adorable and can easily be worn from day to night.