Get Red Carpet Ready
With the Oscars around the corner, everyone wants to be red carpet and camera ready! Below are a few exercises that use multiple muscle groups to challenge your entire body from Equinox Group Fitness Instructor, Anja Garcia.
Get in great shape without any equipment or spending hours in the gym
- Curtsy Crunch for your legs and butt
- To start, step your right leg back to the left side and bend both knees into a curtsy lunge. As you stand back up, pull the same leg up to a standing side crunch. Do 10 repetitions on each side and then switch. As you get stronger, you can increase your repetitions. This curtsy lunge strengthens and shapes your legs and glutes while the added standing side crunch gives you a bonus of abdominal/core training.
- Single Leg Mountain Climbers for your chest, arms and shoulders
- Start in a plank position on your hands and toes – with your shoulders stacked over your hands, your body in a straight line. Engage your core and jump your right foot in and out for 30 seconds. Switch and repeat on the other side. This works your arms and shoulders as well as your abs and legs.
- Bird Dog for a beautiful back
- Begin in a plank position on your hands and toes. Engage your core to stabilize your body and lift your right arm and left leg at the same time – extending them away from the center of your body. Hold for 10 seconds, lower back into plank position and then repeat with the opposite arm and leg. This stability and strength challenge will work your back and glutes.
Incorporate these exercises into your routine to burn fat, build strong muscle and sculpt a sleek physique. It will help strengthen your body, but remember you must also include great nutrition as well as get enough sleep to aid in weight loss and increase your energy levels.