Heat Wave: 5 Summer Work Wardrobe Essentials
As the temperature rises, it gets harder and harder to wear long sleeved shirts and thick pencil skirts. Last week as I was waiting for the train in a long sleeved shirt in 90s temps, I vowed to wear more heat friendly attire.
If you’re like me and don’t like to sweat at 8 o’clock in the morning unless its part of your morning workout routine, I suggest these 5 summer work wardrobe essentials to help you beat the heat.
1. The Light Tank-This is great for the corporate Career Girl who needs to wear suits to work for meetings and presentations. The tank can be worn under a blazer, jacket or cardigan. It works great for after work events, just add a clutch and heels and your ready to go.
2. The Flat Sandal-Flip-flops are not a great look for the office, but in the heat sometimes you need to let your feet breath. A great alternative to the flip-flop is a chic flat sandal.
3. The Breezy Blouse-On those hot & humid days, stay cool in a breezy blouse. Throw it on with jeans for casual days or dress it up with a skirt or pants.
4. The Flowy Dress-Not all offices consider the maxi dress “work appropriate”, but if you want that light and airy feel try a flowy midi dress. Add a cardigan or blazer for a more professional look.
5. The Non-Pencil Skirt-Some pencil skirts can be stiff and constricting, try an a-line, wrap, or flute skirt for a little more room.
Enjoy the summer days and stay cool in the heat with these 5 essentials. What other items do you use to stay cool in the heat?