8 Inspiration Kick Starters for a Mid-Year Boost
Can you believe it? We’ve made it to July. Which means, we’re half way through 2013. Crazy, yes, but also reality.
Think back to January 1st. Remember that fresh start? The motivation you had to go on another diet, hire a new coach, date again, finally save enough for your dream vacation… or whatever your resolution was. Well, how’s that going? Oh, you forgot you even set it? I’m not surprised.
We all do this. We have the best intentions, and then our attention gets pulled in so many directions that we feel forced to focus on the day to day instead of our dreams. Well, your dreams are still there, waiting for you. You don’t need to wait until next New Years to make them your focus again. You can get excited again right now.
I’ve compiled my personal favorite inspiration kick starters, and laid them all out here for you. Now you’ve got no excuses. Read, watch, or engage. Open your mind back up to possibility, reconnect to your heart’s desires, and dream BIG again. Enjoy!
- This is Water – this powerful video and commencement speech reminds us that we always have a choice.
- Practical Tips for Productive Living – Marc and Angel, husband-wife team, know how to make a great list. They are the most re-tweeted people on my twitter feed.
- The Gifts of Imperfection – you’ll laugh, cry, and heal reading this best seller by Brene Brown. Pick up her newest, Daring Greatly as well is you want to get more pack in that punch.
- Aloha Ke Akua – This music/video combination is so beautiful I don’t have words to describe it. Hawaiian band leader Nahko Bear of Medicine for the People sings the soul-quenching lyrics for this video, which I watched every day for a few months. Reconnect to nature, beauty, and yourself as you enjoy.
- This is Love – if this song doesn’t make you want to rack up some miles in your running shoes, or pick up a few weights, I’m not sure what will. Add it to your summer workout playlist to get more power and an energy boost.
- One on One Motivation – Want some free life coaching? Sign up for a Clarity Session (limited number available) to reconnect to your goals and dreams.
- Fire Starter Sessions – No nonsense Danielle LaPorte delivers high energy credos on “How to make it happen.” This gal has built her own business, and its more than booming… follow her lead.
- Blank Pages – The best motivation is a blank slate. So wipe your page clean today. Get a new journal, and give yourself and fresh new start. Update your goals, you’ve got the 6 whole months to take massive action towards what you want. Start now!
Did I miss one of your favorite inspiration kick starters? Let me know in the comments below so we can all enjoy it too. Thanks!