10 Lifehacks For The Career Girl
Always on the go?
These lifehacks are little things that will save you time and money, and make life a little easier.
- Planning out all of your meals for the week takes some time and effort, but it will ensure that you only have to make one trip to the grocery store. No one wants to run to the store in the dead of winter because they didn’t plan ahead.
- Pack all of your lunches for the week on Sunday. Homemade lunches are usually healthier than anything store bought, and if you make all your lunches at once you only have to clean up once.
- Schedule time to work out, and then lay out gym clothing or pack your gym bag. If everything is all ready to go, you are more likely to make it to the gym.
- Try ordering groceries online – especially if you don’t have a car. Online delivery services save your favorite items over time, and can autofill your cart. Instead of waiting in line at the register you can sit back at home.
- Plan breakfast out the night before. Starting the day with a healthy breakfast helps you stay full throughout the morning, and over time it prevents weight gain.
- Recycle a small jewelry bag to store your headphones in your purse. Headphones have a habit of sinking to the bottom of purses and getting tangled up with everything in a purse. Storing headphones in a little bag stops this from happening.
- Have a stash of healthy snacks at your desks for mornings you don’t have time fore breakfast and afternoons your stomach is growling. Don’t let the vending machine tempt you. Try snacks like almonds that offer protein and healthy fat.
- Keep your grocery list in your phone so if you happen upon a grocery store you know what you need.
- Match your socks. It is so simple, but there have been many mornings where I am searching my drawers for a matching pair of socks. Designate a place to keep socks that get separated so you can easily pair them later. If you want to keep things really simple, only buy two types of socks: short white socks for the gym, and longer black socks for work, if you do this you don’t have to worry about matching them.
- Have a specific spot for storing your winter weather wear. Layering up is part of our routine this time of year. Make it easier for yourself by keeping your winter boots, hats, scarves and gloves all together.