Hey there, Career Girl! Wake up! It’s December! Do you know what that means? 2012 is….almost gone. Think back to the beginning of this year:
- Where did you spend New Year’s Eve?
- Where did you spend the first day of 2012?
- What were your hopes and dreams and goals this year?
And finally, the most deafening question of all:
- Have you accomplished your goals for the year?
If you’re anything like most people, your New Year’s Resolutions flew out the door somewhere around January 10th. Maybe they came back for a while mid-year. But like most Americans, you’re likely in a similar place today as you were a year ago. Maybe you’ve made some changes for the good, and some not so good. You’ve evolved. But have you grown? Have you met your goals? Answer these questions frankly, ladies. They’re important ones.
Here is my 30-day challenge for you:
- Don’t wait until December 31st to set your resolutions. Set goals now, and start putting them into action.
- Be careful not to over-indulge throughout this season. I’m not just talking about food and wine (though those are big hot spots for many people). If you want to control your finances, don’t overspend. If you want to become a better leader, don’t spend this month disconnected from your employees and expect to put your leadership practices in place perfectly on January 1st.
- Pay attention to your thoughts. It’s easy to think “I’ll jump on this bandwagon after the first of the year.” Control your thoughts, especially those kinds of thoughts, and you may find you’re better controlling your actions.
And if you really want to get this 30 day challenge moving, sign up early for Career Girl Network’s Rock the Resolution online conference on January 9th. You’ll already be kickstarted with this challenge, so you’ll get even more out of the amazing sessions we’re offering. Click here to check out more about Rock the Resolution and get started now with your 2013 dreams!