Update Your LinkedIn Contact Info: It Might Get You a Job!
More now than ever before, recruiters are the mainstay on the pages of LinkedIn. Every day, recruiters from all over the world are proactively looking at LinkedIn profiles seeking to fill jobs from administrative roles all the way to CEOs. Your LinkedIn profile is your calling card for these kinds of recruiters, and it’s up to you to make sure you can receive their messages and outreach.
Gone are the days when your LinkedIn should be private private private and hiding your key information. Put it out there! Allow people to connect with you, email you, call you, and you won’t be sorry.
Here’s how to edit your LinkedIn connection preferences:
- Log into LinkedIn.
- Hover over your name in the upper right hand corner, and click on “Settings.”
- Click on the “Communications” tab in the second section of the page.
- Click on “Select the types of messages you’re willing to receive.”
- Select both “Invitations” and “InMail” and click on all of the checkable boxes.
- Back on the “Communications” tab, click on “Select who can send you invitations” and change the setting to “Anyone on LinkedIn”
If you have the kind of account where someone needs to know your email address to connect with you, you could be losing potential job offers. The same goes for the types of connections. If you’re not willing to receive InMail, a recruiter may just pass you by.
Change your settings today, and you might just find more LinkedIn communication and potentially job offers will come your way.