The Career Girl Gift Exchange
It’s the most wonderful time of the yearWith your boss’s deadline yellingAnd everyone telling you “get it done dear”It’s the most wonderful time of the yearIt’s the bus-busiest quarter of allWith those client greetings and long staff meetingsWhen conference calls don’t endIt’s the bus-busiest season of allThere’ll be parties for hosting
And tech guys for toastingWhile watching your bonus grow
There’ll be takeover stories
And tales of the glories of
buyouts long, long agoIt’s the most wonderful time of the year
If this adapted holiday jingle sounds like your corporate reality, consider spreading some holiday cheer with these gift ideas.
For the Corporate Career Girl:
- A business book is always a great idea. Steve Jobs’s biography is one of the most well written and inspirational ones that I’ve read.
- A Waterford crystal business card holder will be sure to brighten up any desk.
- Every career girl needs a fancy pen for which Mont Blanc is famous.
- A unique letter opener for her desk is a conversation piece (by Johnathan Adler).
For the Traveling Career Girl:
- L’Occitane hand lotion is a great stocking stuffer.
- Tory Burch iPhone cases in a bold print and metallic.
- Luggage tags and passport holders in unique materials.
- Maid service will sure make your career girl happy.
For the Hostess Career Girl:
- A bottle of champagne or wine.
- You cannot go wrong with Diptique scented candles.
- A flower arrangement for the hostess with the mostess.
- A box of delicate macarons