Stay Warm and Stylish in the Cold: 5 Tips for Wearing a Cardigan
When you want to stay warm in the cold, and want stylish options, try incorporating cardigans into your wardrobe. Here are my 5 tips for wearing cardigans:
- Buy a color that works for you-There is no point in buying a green cardigan that you will never wear since you never wear green. Buy a color that compliments the clothes that you currently have so that it can be easily incorporated into your wardrobe.
- Buy one that fits-I think this goes without saying but I have fallen victim to buying a too tight cardigan because “it was soooo cute” and I never wore it.
- Incorporate it into your wardrobe- Some look at the cardigan as “as is” but it can be very flexible & versatile. Roll up the sleeves, wear it with a collared shirt, or add a stylish necklace for a more luxurious feel. Find a look that works for you.
- Don’t be afraid to layer-A cardigan can be worn over a sweater, yes a sweater! There are a lot of oversized, big cardigans available to add that extra layer of warmth.
- Wear one with a print or embellishments-A basic black cardigan is classic, but I love the uniqueness a print or embelished cardigan can add to a simple outfit.
How do you incorporate cardigans into your wardrobe? Check out some cardigan love below. If you’re looking for additional ways to style your cardigan, check out Brit + Co.’s “10 Ways to Style A Cardigan.”