Turn Thanksgiving Leftovers Into The Ultimate Sandwich
The ultimate leftover sandwich is made with fried brie, cranberry sauce, roasted almonds, turkey, and grilled bread. Feel free to add in other leftovers like green bean casserole or stuffing too. This sandwich can be made with fried brie, or you can save yourself a few steps and use slices of brie instead. The combination of crunchy almonds, bitter cranberry sauce, and creamy brie turns leftovers into an elegant sandwich.
Preparing Thanksgiving dinner is a lot of work, so you should make the most out of all of your leftovers.
Here are some other ways to use your leftovers:
- Make potato pancakes with leftover mashed potatoes
- Make soup – divide it into individual servings and bring it to work for lunch
- Mix cranberry sauce and mayonnaise together to make cranberry aioli
- Make a turkey pot pie – eat it right away for freeze it and save it for later.
By using your leftovers wisely, you won’t have to do much cooking the week after Thanksgiving.
Total Time: 25 minutes
Active Time: 25 minutes
You will need:
1/4 cup Sliced Almonds
4 slices Country White Bread
4 teaspoons Butter
4 slices Roast Turkey
4 tablespoons Cranberry Sauce
1 wedge Fried Brie
1/2 cup Panko
1 wedge of Brie, chilled
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Pour the sliced almonds on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 2-3 minutes, until just brown. Set aside.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of butter on one side of each slice of bread. Toast the buttered side of bread in a grill pan or skillet and set aside.
- Place 2 slices of bread on a work surface, toasted side facing down. Layer 2 tablespoons of the cranberry chutney, half of the roasted almonds, and 4 slices of turkey on top.
- Beat the egg in a shallow bowl. Pour the panko into a shallow bowl.
- Dredge the Brie in the egg, and then in the panko. Repeat, dredging the Brie in the egg and panko again. Press the panko into the Brie, forming a thick layer around the cheese.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the panko coated Brie. Toast each side for 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let the fried brie cool for 3 minutes, and then slice. Place half of the Brie on each sandwich. Top with the second slice of bread, grilled side facing out, and serve.