It’s October, people, and 2013 is closer than you think! Soon, you’ll be saddling up to the table for Thanksgiving, buying Christmas presents, and shouting “Happy New Year!” And somewhere towards that 2013 countdown, you’ll find yourself thinking about the dreaded New Year’s Resolution. But the key to making a New Year’s Resolution stick is this: DON’T WAIT!
What would your power in 2013 be like if you started today? What would it mean if you could set up your goals for 2013, put them in place, and start working on them now?
Last year, Career Girl Network brought you a six part series on setting and keeping New Year’s Resolutions. We’re linking them all below, and we hope you’ll take the time NOW — not later — to complete this process. Set yourself up for success in 2013!
- Start with setting your “This Is the Year” statements.
- Second in the process, put it all on paper with “A Letter to Me.”
- Next, “Visualize Your Success” with a clear vision either physical or virtual.
- One of the hardest steps in setting goals is to go ahead and “Prepare for Failure.” No one wants to plan to fail, but you will fall down and it has to be a part of the process.
- Give yourself something to work towards–“Build in Rewards.” You deserve to reward yourself for progress!
- Finally, and sometimes most difficult, we are preparing you for “Handling Saboteurs” in your life. They will come.