Your 5 Minute Career “Homework”
Sure, it’s been a while since you’ve been in school. But here at Career Girl Network, every Sunday night, we’re bringing you “Homework” – a simple task that will take less than 10 minutes (most less than 5) and still have a significant impact on your career.
Here’s your homework for tonight!
Tonight’s homework could take a little more than 5 minutes, but trust us, it will save you ten times that amount of time over the course of one week. Sunday nights are the perfect time to plan your wardrobe for the week. Our Founder, Marcy, does this every week, and has converted many, many women to her process. We know you’ll be a convert, too. Here’s how it works:
- Make sure you’re armed with your calendar for the week. This way you know which days you’ll be more business casual and which days you really need that suit.
- Then, check the weather! You’ll want to plan based on temperature, so you’re not blindsided on Wednesday morning when it’s raining.
- Start with your base piece – either a dress or a suit, pants or a top – and put that item(s) on a hanger.
- Do the same for Monday through Friday until you have all five hangers laid out on your bed or hung in your closet.
- Go through each outfit, each day, and add to that hanger everything you need to complete the outfit. Think about:
- Socks or tickets
- Hang everything (except your shoes) on the same hanger.
- Voila! You wake up, roll out of bed, and your outfit is ready for you. No thinking involved!
Follow this quick process every Sunday night, and you’ll never have a “I have nothing to wear” day again!