Your 5 Minute Career “Homework”
Sure, it’s been a while since you’ve been in school. But here at Career Girl Network, every Sunday night, we’re bringing you “Homework” – a simple task that will take less than 10 minutes (most less than 5) and still have a significant impact on your career.
Here’s your homework for tonight!
This is going to sound really strange, but bear with us and TRUST! Your homework tonight is to go through your drawer of pantyhose, tights, leggings, and socks. Why?
- Because your tights with the run you think you can cover with knee high boots? You can’t!
- Those pantyhose you wear that you know don’t fit? They make you look bad.
- That one sock you’ve never found the match to? It’s clogging your closet.
- Those socks that always fall down in your shoes? They’re pointless!
Dump that drawer (or drawers) out on your bed and follow the procedure below. Trust me, it takes 5 minutes:
- Separate socks from hosiery.
- One by one, run your hand all the way through each pair of hosiery in your pile. Ripped? Throw it out? Snagged? Throw it out? Pilling? Throw it out!
- If you have shapewear of any sort in that pile, ask yourself this: have you worn it in the last 2 years? Is it at least semi-comfortable? If the answer to either of these questions is no, throw it out!
- Finally, tackle the socks. Pair them up, one by one. Any socks that don’t have pairs, put in a plastic grocery bag. You get to keep that bag for 1 month. If you don’t find it’s pair in the wash in that time, throw them away!
Why is this so important? Because your undergarments and what you wear on your feet are hugely responsible for how comfortable and how powerful you feel in your outfit every day. And the more powerful you feel, the better you’ll perform!