Your 5 Minute Career “Homework”
Sure, it’s been a while since you’ve been in school. But here at Career Girl Network, every Sunday night, we’re bringing you “Homework” – a simple task that will take less than 10 minutes (most less than 5) and still have a significant impact on your career.
Here’s your homework for tonight!
The best thing you can do for your family and your job is take care of the person who means the most to them – YOU! Women everywhere forget to take care of themselves every single day. We don’t sleep enough because our children wake up in the middle of the night. We work too hard to cover for a colleague who needs help. And we always, always, always cancel our workouts to do things like go to the grocery store, work late, or any other host of excuses.
So here’s what I want you to do. Right this minute, go into your calendar and carve out 3 hours this week that are 100%, no questions asked, just for you. Then, stick to those hours. Don’t move them, don’t reschedule them, don’t mess with your “me time.”
If you need a few ideas of what to put into those 3 hours, try these:
- An hour-long yoga session at your local studio
- A movie after work
- Pick up a copy of a great new book and read it in the park
- Take a nap in your car (seriously, sometimes it’s the only option for a nap)
- Get a manicure (or give yourself one)
- Go get a blowout, your hair will love you
- Watch the first episode of a show you’ve always wanted to get into on Netflix (We’re loving Scandal!)
So go ahead, carve out some time for you! It will make a huge difference both personally and professionally.